Modern air rifles differ very much from the early versions, the basic principles that are adopted in the construction of air rifles have been employed for centuries. The important feature used is that compressed air is stored in the gun until the time of firing. Then at this time, the gas is released behind the projectile so that it propels down the barrel. The main difference between different types of air rifles is how the air is compressed in them and where it is stored. So, we have a collection of different types of air rifles and you can choose among them the best one for you by reading our air rifle reviews.
Some reviews on the air rifles–
To help you out some air rifle reviews are-
- Gamo Whisper Silent Cat Air Rifle- this the best air rifle to take down the small game or for a little target practice. One of the major features of this rifle is that it offers the non-removable noise dampener. The damper can dampen the noise of your shot by 52%. Second great feature this rifle has is two safety features that will make you feel so much safer, while you are using this weapon. These safety features include an automatic cocking safety system and manual trigger safety.
- Crosman Nitro Venom Break Barrel Air Rifle (22) Powered by Nitro Piston- it is a great air rifle for varmint and small game hunting. It provides you a substantial amount of accuracy, after doing practice first. The piston should be cocked one time, before every shot, which is suitable for most adults. It is also has a potential of shooting up to 35 yards, without any mishap.
- Gamo Hornet Air Rifle .177 Caliber- this weapon is capable of providing you with precision and power. It is only 0.177 caliber. This rifle is more suitable for hunting small prey. The FPS will be around 1,000. The gun is around 43 inches in length and weighs 6 pounds only.
- Ruger Blackhawk Combo Air Rifle- this is an excellent break-barrel air rifle. If you’re interested in cocking the gun after every shot, you’ll experience comfort with this rifle, which is basically equipped with an efficient 4×32 riflescope. This is good for long distances and provides you with an approximate shot of 1,000 feet per second.
- Benjamin Trail NP XL 1100 Break Barrel Air Rifle- this rifle is perfect for small game hunters. It looks amazing. The stock is made with a stylish hardwood finish that provides the gun a great look. It also has a good looking thumbhole in the stock.